Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Texas Writer's League

I recently participated in the Texas Writer's League Conference and I would recommend it. I thought it was well organized and the accomadations at the Austin Sheridan were very nice. The speakers were excellent and I felt it was money well spent to learn about the writing industry. I really appreciated meeting with the agent Kimberly Cameron and the editor Toni Plummer I thought they were considerate professionals. I had some good fortune, and Kimberly Cameron asked to see my work. The ten minute session was wonderful. I am realistic that this is my first time to show my work and many rejections are common, but I feel that to really live I must take some chances. Fortune favors the brave (Virgil). If you have insight you want to share about writing conferences and workshops I would love to learn from other writers what they have experienced.

No comments: